Palermo Falcone Borsellino International Airport is served, located 35 km west of the city. Arriving by plane you can reach the center of Palermo in the following ways:
The Shuttle bus service is available from 05.00 to 24.00, every thirty minutes. The last bus is carried out at 00.15 hours. Tickets can be purchased in the bus, at the ticket office located in the airport or through online booking, consulting www.prestiaecomande.it site. The cost of the ticket is € 6.30 each way / € 11 A / R. To reach the center get off at via E. Amari, 170, or via Libertà, 42 – Piazza Croci. Bus service shall perform the following additional stops: Terminal Central Station, Porto, Via Libertà, Via Croce Rossa, Via A. De Gasperi, Via Belgium.
Autoradiotaxi PALERMO Tel. 091512737
From Palermo airport for Hotel Palermo or the conference venue:
– Max 5 pax Coach € 38.00
– Minivan max 8 pax € 50.00
Anyone wishing to use the service CAR SHARING
– For reservations 220.127.116.11 – with set-up and charging per minute, no longer be charged € 1 per book;
– For emergencies and assistance in the running – 800,002,288.
We remind you that you can make reservations through:
– Internet (free service, on www.carsharingpalermo.it site, clicking on “book the car online”;
– New APP IOGUIDO, working on smartphones with Android or IOS platform.
Taxis make the following path:
- Falcone Borsellino Airport;
- Via Belgio;
- Piazza Alcide De Gasperi;
- Piazza Politeama;
- Stazione Centrale.
In each parking area (collection point) are the information boards indicating the path and call the service mode.
- private transfers
1. Transfer by car with a driver from airport to hotel or vice versa up to a maximum of 3 passengers
2. Transfer by minivan with driver from airport to hotel or vice versa up to a maximum of 8 passengers
The driver will meet you at the landing terminal with a sign with your name, ready to take you directly to the hotel.
- Car Sharing: The airport has, also, a car sharing service. For information and rates on car sharing offered in the town of Palermo found on the website: www.carsharingpalermo.it
ON THE TRAIN
Among the oldest stations of Italy, Palermo Central Station is the main railway station in the city, just 1 km from the center.
For timetable please consult the Trenitalia website: www.trenitalia.com
For further information please contact the Information and Customer Service at +39 89 20 21, open daily from 7.00 to 21.00.
BY SHIP OR FERRY
The port of Palermo is one of the major ports for traffic, passengers and size of the Mediterranean, includes the following companies and links:
- Tirrenia, Cagliari and Napoli: www.tirrenia.it;
- Grandi Navi Veloci, from Genova and Civitavecchia: www.gnv.it;
- Snav, from Civitavecchia and Napoli: www.snav.it;
- Grimaldi, from Salerno: www.grimaldi-ferries.com.
You should visit the www.portpalermo.it for more information about schedules, ferries and ships.
Inside the port is located the parking area Molo Saint Lucia parking spaces, at the gate Saint Lucia.
For more information you can visit the website Pier Saint Lucia Parking: www.molosantaluciaparcheggi.com
IN THE CAR
The city of Palermo can be reached by car via the following links:
- A19 Catania – Palermo: The route is about 220 km;
- A20 Messina – Palermo: The route is about 230 km;
- A29 Trapani – Palermo: The route is about 110 km.